PCYBL Inhouse Coaches Register NOW:
We are well underway preparing for the start of the 2020 Spring Inhouse baseball season and we need to start registering and gathering information on potential coaches. And, as our partnerships with Cal Ripken Baseball and the Rye Brook Rebels continue to grow and flourish, we look forward to welcoming even more of our friends and neighbors from Rye Brook into our league, and we strongly encourage and welcome even more Rye Brook residents to apply for and accept coaching and other volunteer positions with PCYBL.
As always, we will try to place everyone requesting a coaching position, but there may not be enough positions available. Returning coaches in good standing based on past performance will be given first priority for available positions. New coaches will be approved and assigned based on the Coaches Application as well as recommendations from board members, current coaches and league volunteers. It is important for all coaches to understand that coaching children is a privilege, and PCYBL always strives to ensure that we place the best qualified and most dedicated coaches with our children.
There are usually some open coaching positions at each level, in particular with the younger age groups. We are also now accepting player registration forms and documenting the date of receipt. It is our goal to be able to provide each and every registrant with a spot on a team, but that is only possible if we have a commitment from enough coaches, so please consider volunteering your time… you won’t regret it!
Whether you are a new coach or a returning coach you must complete the online application and all required online training to be considered. Our coaching application and training links can be found on our website, www.portchesterbaseball.com
To go directly to your SportsEngine account to access PCYBL’s Coaching Registration and Training, please click the following link:
Important Information for All PCYBL Coaches/Applicants:
· Ripken Baseball Coaching Education Program – all approved PCYBL coaches (and all coaches affiliated with Cal Ripken and/or Babe Ruth Baseball) must become certified to coach, by completing an online course, “Coaching Youth Baseball”
This online course is available through the Babe Ruth/Cal Ripken websites, which are separate from the PCYBL website. PCYBL will cover the cost of training for all approved coaches (we will purchase access to the course in bulk), and coaches become certified for life once the course is completed and passed. If you have already taken/passed this course for PCYBL or another league, you do NOT need to take it again (if you took the course for another league, we will need you to obtain your certificate from the prior league as proof of completion). If you are a NEW coach to PCYBL in 2020, you will need to complete this course or provide proof of having completed the course previously. Again, PCYBL will cover the cost of this training for all approved coaches.
· Mandatory Background Check – PCYBL, Little League Baseball, Cal Ripken Baseball and Babe Ruth League Baseball all require background checks of all league volunteers to ensure the safety of our children. This mandatory background check is built in to our online coaching application process and includes all necessary waivers and disclosures required to protect all parties involved. PCYBL is covering the full cost for all background checks.
· Concussion Training – the online application also includes a mandatory Concussion Training segment that must be completed in order to submit your online application to coach with the PCYBL. First time coaches will be required to complete the training with a passing score and to submit the training completion certificate that they receive upon completion of the course. This certificate can be submitted online during the application process. Returning coaches who have already taken and passed Concussion Training are not required to take the training again, but must submit the training completion certificate received when they previously completed the course. Therefore, returning coaches are strongly encouraged to locate and submit their certificates from last year to save themselves the inconvenience of having to retake the training and to save PCBYL the expense of having to pay for the training again, and all coaches are strongly encouraged to save the training completion certificate each year so you have proof of completion in the future. PCYBL is covering the full cost for this training.
· Abuse Prevention Training – lastly, the online application process also includes a mandatory Abuse Prevention Training module which also must be completed as part of the application process. PCYBL is covering the full cost of this training as well.
· Coaches’ Meetings – meetings for all 2020 PCYBL inhouse coaches are tentatively scheduled for Tuesday, January 21st at 7pm and Tuesday, February 25th at 7pm in the Port Chester Senior Center at 222 Grace Church Street. We will send additional information and details to confirm dates, times, and location, but please plan to attend the coaches’ meetings as we share important information and updates that will help you have a successful and fun season coaching with the PCYBL.
· Be sure to register NOW – with coaches’ meetings, and the season, fast approaching, we need to finalize our list of coaches, make coaching assignments, finalize and distribute rosters, get our fields ready and do lots of other things to make sure our kids have a great 2020 inhouse baseball season… so please be sure to register to coach right away!
In the meantime, if you are interested in coaching with PCYBL for the upcoming 2020 season or would like more information, please email Eileen Pellegrini email@example.com or call/text us at 914-939-8619.